Bake Along #49 – Mini QuicheFebruary 28, 2020 2021-09-04 18:12
Bake Along #49 – Mini Quiche
Bake Along #49 – Mini Quiche
This week again, we have a guest post from one of the most regular members of Bake Along , Jyothi Rajesh. She also blogs very frequently and tries to be very regular in her own blog as well. I like her style of blogging and all her pictures which she constantly upgrades and finds room for improvement.
This week again she willingly accepted to host for us and again thats savory for all savory enthusiasts in the group. These mini quiches are going to make a great breakfast or brunch for you all and you are going to love it.
Thank you Jyothi for making yet another super awesome dish for this
Check out Jyothi’s blog here – http://currytrail.in/ and her facebook fan page here – Currytrail – It is worth to keep following her blog for all the awesome recipes she keeps sharing!
To brief up about my trip the past week, it was one of the best moments I spent in my life and I am back home. I realise every good thing comes to an end and so be this. This was such a rejuvenation for the whole family and we are coping to come back to normal and head to do our routines. Over to Jyothi
Mini quiche with spinach and mushroom
Quiche is egg custard with savory additions. Quiche is very versatile as you can add a variety of fillings and flavorings depending on your mood. In this version, I used some sautéed spinach and mushrooms, bell peppers and spring onions topped with some cheese. You can serve these mini quiche or frittata at breakfast, or even as brunch. They are easy to assemble, quick to bake, and very tasty too!
- Eggs – 4 nos.
- Mushroom – 1 cup(I used 1 full packet)
- Spinach(Palak) – 1 bunch
- Bell peppers/capsicum – 1 no.(I used red color peppers for color, if you don’t get red bell peppers, use green or yellow ones)
- Spring onions – 4-5 stalks(I used both the white and green part of the onions)
- Olive oil – 2 tspn + for greasing
- Grated cheese – 3 tbspn(Use mozerella, cheddar or even Amul cheese cubes)
- Crushed black pepper – 2 tspn(for vegetables) + 1 tspn(to add to the eggs)
- Salt to taste
Method of preparation:
1. Wash/clean all the vegetables to be used and chop them into small pieces. Keep aside.
2. To a wide pan add oilve oil. Once oil turns hot, add the white part of spring onions. Saute for 1 minute.
3. Next add chopped mushrooms and saute until mushrooms it’s half cooked and it starts releasing water.
4. Now add capsicum and saute for 1 minute.
5. Add chopped spinach(palak) and green spring onions and sauté. Season with black pepper powder and salt and mix again. Switch off flame immediately, we want the vegetables to be cooked but not fully cooked. Our vegetable filling is ready now.
6. In a bowl add eggs, black pepper and salt and whisk until combined.
7. Line up muffin tray with silicon cup liners. If you don’t have silicon cup liners, you can use paper cup liners which has to be greased well with olive oil. Pour the egg mixture into the liners until half filled.
8. Next add the sautéed vegetables over the egg mixture. You can spoon vegetables until the liners are filled up full. Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
9. Repeat step 7 and 8 for all the liners.
10. Bake it in pre-heated oven at 200 deg centigrade for 25-35 minutes or until it’s well set and a tester/toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
This has been baked for Fondbites, Bake Along, a group of enthusiastic bakers, bake one recipe every week along with me. To join the group, send a join request in the facebook group and I will add you to the group.
11. Remove from oven and leave in the pan for a few minutes or just until it’s cool enough to handle. It was so easy to remove them from the silicon liners! They practically pop-out!
12. Delicious quiche is ready, eat them for breakfast, brunch or even as a after school snack for kids
13. So that’s easy spinach mushroom quiche which is truly a healthy low-carb and gluten-free dish. Try it!